Friday, June 18, 2010

Personality Cookie

On my way back to work from the bank the other day, I needed to grab something quick for lunch. I was at a stop light and noticed Panda Express and realized it had been a while since I had been there. I got my usual half chow mien/half fried rice with sweet & sour pork and orange chicken.

After getting back to the office and eating my lunch, I turned my attention to the fortune cookie. Now, I don't really like eating fortune cookies, but I like reading the fortune and someone told me it was bad luck to read the fortune before first eating the cookie, so I eat them and then read the fortune. My fortune on this day?
"You have a deep appreciation of the arts and music"
Umm, what?

That is in no way, shape, or form a fortune. And nobody can convince me otherwise. Perhaps if it were to have said "You will develop a deep appreciation of the arts and music", that may have been more acceptable, but even then I don't know. Let me give you an example of a good fortune cookie, "You will be successful in your career"; I received that one some time ago from Panda Express also and have it posted on my monitor at work - it is like a little ray of hope, which is what a fortune cookie should be.

It seems that Panda Express is moving away from the "Fortune Cookie" and delving into the less well know world of "Personality/Trait Cookie". Other good examples:
"You are tall"
"You like vegetables"
"You have dark hair"
"You like american-chinese food"
"You are smart"
"You have a keen ability to sense when people are uncomfortable"
"You tend to be late to parties"
"You use Old Spice® deodorant"
Ah, yes. Nothing more refreshing than a good old personality/trait cookie.

BTW, I would say that I do have a healthy appreciation of the arts and music. Good job personality cookie.

2 comments:

  1. I think you should write for Panda - the "You like American-Chinese food" is especially good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah... it is a way of reaffirming their choice. :)

    ReplyDelete