Monday, July 6, 2009

Open Letter to Wendy's

Dear Wendy's,

I feel we need to talk about your perception of my intelligence. I understand that with the struggling economy you have to adjust your prices. Good things rarely last forever; really it was just a matter of time before your 5-piece nuggets either cost more or became 4-piece nuggets. I get it; that is the world we live in.

However, the other day I saw a commercial that made me sick. You were selling the great "value" of the 4-piece nugget. Ouch. Did you think I wouldn't notice? Did you think that I would exclaim, "Wow, what a great value! They have never offered me such a great deal!" If so, you were wrong… Dead wrong.

I believe in the commercial the dialogue went something like this:

Guy 1: Can Wendy's 4-piece chicken nuggets get any better?
Guy 2: No.
Guy 1: Correct.
Guy 3: Well, they could be 99¢.
Guy 1: More correct.

At this point I was thoroughly annoyed and thinking to myself, "You know, those nuggets were a lot better when they were 5 for 99¢!"

Quite frankly, if you feel the need to push the nuggets, I would rather have someone with a sympathetic voice slowly walking through a forest - or perhaps a park with some children playing in the background - as he looks at the camera and says, "At Wendy's we know the economy has you down. Its taking its toll on us as well. However, we are still committed to providing you with quality product at a great price. **brief pause** Unfortunately, there won't be as much product..." At which point the man pulls out a 4-piece nugget and continues, "Introducing the new, 4-piece Wendy's chicken nuggets for 99¢. Helping you fight fat, while we fight the recession." Then he gives a cheesy smile and a thumbs-up.

Let's call a spade a spade here. We all know 5 is better than 4. Stop pretending we don't know what is happening here and just give us the nuggets.

I’m sorry we have to speak under such bleek conditions, but I can't let this go unaddressed. I just can’t. There is too much at stake...

Sincerely,
Kenny

P.S. Don't think that I didn't notice when you started skimping on the bacon on the Jr. Bacon Cheese Burger.... Perhaps "junior" is an over-statement now...

No comments:

Post a Comment